Acer Jumpstart is software that helps you set up your new Acer computer. After installation, Acer Jumpstart is not required to keep your PC running. We actually believe it’s quite useless and should be uninstalled but the software itself poses no threat to the performance of your computer.
Should I Uninstall Acer Jumpstart
Yes, you should uninstall Acer Jumpstart. It’s used to “help you set up your PC” but at the same time will constantly push you ads from Acer themselves and publishers they’ve teamed up with. If your PC is already set up then you do not need this software at all, and it’s simply bloatware.
How to Uninstall Acer Jumpstart
Uninstalling Acer Jumpstart is quite simple. Let’s go over the steps below.
- Click the windows box at the bottom of your computer screen on the taskbar.
- Type Acer Jumpstart in the top search box. You should see the software popup.
- Right-click the icon of the software and select uninstall.
- If another box pops up with all your computer software, simply find the Acer Jumpstart software in the list of programs.
- Double click the Acer Jumpstart software in the list of programs and click “yes” to uninstall. You might receive an admin popup that you will have to accept.
If you’ve done everything above the bloatware known as Acer Jumpstart should be uninstalled from your system. If you are unsure if it’s a good idea to uninstall it, you can also click the software to open it. It will most likely send you to the Acer web site’s homepage, showing how useless the software really is.
We hate bloatware, and Acer fills your computer with plenty of it. We hope this small guide helped you figure out what Acer Jumpstart is, and why you should get rid of it as quickly as possible. Removing this software is 100% soft, and is practically just removing ads from your system.